Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

IWSG: Happy 2 Years and Growing!



Happy Insecure Writer's Support Group Wednesday...and this isn't just any IWSG Wednesday, this is the group's 2 year anniversary! Thank you again to Alex J. Cavanaugh, the creator of the group. The first Wednesday of every month is dedicated to this group of supportive writers. If it's something you're not familiar with, then please click on Alex's link above for more information and to sign up!

Often times I get so caught up with all the tasks that come along with being an author--and especially an indie author--that I sometimes lose sight of what's most important, which is the writing itself. So this is my reminder to myself of why I love writing and storytelling:
  • I love creating the story I've always wanted to read (with the hope that others have been waiting for it, too).  
  • Writing that one phrase or sentence that gives me goosebumps when I reread it is magical (and if it's the only thing I write that day, it's still well worth it).
  • I love developing characters into real people and watching them grow throughout the pages.
  • I want to entertain, uplift, and inspire my audience with the stories I write.
  • Writing is my creative outlet where "anything is possible," where the impossible becomes possible (which will be a recurring theme in all of my stories).
And when I reread this, I know I'll have more to add, but that's also part of the fun...story evolution. Nothing is written in stone. Even when the story's done, I have the power to go back and change it (indie author perk). There are always surprises. Always adventure. I guess if the adventure one day ends, then it's time to give up and move on...but I hope that day will never come. I want to write until the day I die.

Why do you love to write?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar