Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Veteran's Day

[Good Housekeeping August 1943 ad for Cannon Towels]


Why am I posting this particular picture of our World War II soldiers?

Because I don't want you to think of them as the old men they are today, those who are still surviving.

I would like for us to remember them as the young virile men they were who left home and family to serve in that particular war.

Sixteen million Americans served in World War II.

492 World War II veterans are dying each and every day.

855,070 are surviving still, at my last checking these figures.

If you are fortunate enough to know a WW II veteran who is alive today, try not to think of them this week as they look now.

Look into their eyes and see the young men or women they once were.

Ask them to tell you about the day they left home. 

What was it like over there?

What was it like to come home?

Look at the pictures of them while they were young soldiers, for the essence of them is there.




Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar