Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Thursday Movie Picks: Asian Horror

This week's Halloween theme from Wandering Through the Shelves is Asian Horror! I don't think I've ever seen an Asian horror movie that I didn't like, there's so many great ones to choose from. Here are my favorites. I wish I had some obscure little indie to talk about here, but these three are very widely seen. I really need to see more.

1) Audition

Whenever I tell people to watch this, I warn them that it gets off to a very slow start. You need to keep with it, because once you realize that something is very off, it doesn't slow down from there. 

2) Ringu

I saw the American remake The Ring first, and I loved it. I had to see the original, and it doesn't disappoint. The scariest thing for me here was the fact that Sadako (this version's Samara) looked so tall coming out of that TV. She was very menacing. 

3) A Tale of Two Sisters

This was another one where I saw the American remake first (The Uninvited) and had to check it out the original. This one is definitely freakier.  

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar