Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Snow chance

We were going out for our annual OH’s family Christmas dinner today, in a lovely Cotswold pub in Great Barrington. It is  nestled in the Windrush valley. No chance of that. Now,we can deal with a bit of snow here. Farmers and 4x4 vehicles generally get around ok and help to clear the roads as they go. Not today. While we slept there was at least 10 cm of snowfall and it is still going at midday. Oxford Stagecoach buses have come to a halt. The road at Burford is closed due to accident and snow. Little chance of getting out of our road without a shovel. My wellies are in the shed and I don’t fancy going to get them at the moment so it is a day of staying in.



The boys were out early getting busy with Daddy.


There is only one thing to do then. Chores are done as I thought I was going out. It has to be stay in by the fire and watch something nice. The electric is off in the neighbouring village soI hope ours stays on. If not we will go in the camper van and fire up the gas heating and watch a dvd. The leisure battery is full. I hope everyone stays warm. My thoughts are with people in fuel poverty and the homeless. I am warm and cosy here and I feel grateful for that.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar