Today I am happy to present two very nice vintage views of Frontierland. The frontieriest land around!
This first picture feels like it was almost an accident - what exactly was the photographer trying to capture? But that's what makes it different. It's hard to believe that there were large grassy parklike areas - the little bushes were presumably there to keep people off the lawn (no more little wire fences to trip over), but it looks like that strategy didn't necessarily work.
The restaurant to our left is The Oaks Tavern, which became the Stage Door Canteen in 1978. Mostly obscured in the distance would be the Silver Banjo Barbecue. I'm not sure if the blue building toward the center was The Wheelhouse at this time.
Sure, we've seen a million photos of the Mark Twain, but I think you'll agree that this one is especially nice! It looks like some kind of dream, practically incandescent in the bright sun. And the barren shore along that stretch of river is strange to see when compared to today.
Starting today I'm going to be out of town for the next four (or five) days. It's very possible that access to the internet will be minimal, so I might not be able to respond to comments until Monday or Tuesday. But there will be new posts for you every day, and I look forward to checking in when I can!



0 Yorumlar