Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Little Pot of Spring & a Singing Neep


When I did the food shopping on Monday I saw this luscious little pot of Spring daffs in Morrisons for just 66p.  I couldn't resist them for that price.  Similar ones are on sale in Poundland so these were a steal.  So loverly.... :)



Now on a different subject entirely, I love mashed swede but hate preparing the things as cutting them into chunks ready to cook hurts my hands.  Has anyone heard of the Singing Neep?  I don't know how to post a link but if you Google Singing Neep on U-Toob there is a video explaining how to do it.  I just wiped the swede clean  (no piercing required either) placed it onto a plate in the microwave and zapped it for about 20 minutes, turning it over half way through.  I was sure it would explode but..no...it cooked it perfectly.  After a little rest (the neep, not me...lol)  I just cut it open and scooped out the flesh....


.....which was then gently mashed a little more in a bowl with a fork...perfect mashed swede.



Apparently, the name comes from the sound the swede makes when it's cooking.  I can't believe I have had to wait until my 65th year to find this super little trick.
 
Has anyone else tried this? Any more tips I have missed during my lifetime of cooking?
 
 
Thanks so much for popping in x

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar