Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Embellished Abalone Shell

This last weekend I didn't do much except start and finish a couple projects I had wanted to work on and had dreamed up in my head.I had wanted to take my time and just piddle with them.
I had to go through lots boxes and drawers of old jewelry and things I had picked up at sales and auctions through the years to find just the right embellishments for my next abalone shell bowls I call them.
                                                                               
 I tried several ways of adding pearls and rhinestones finally decided on this collar and cameo and part of a vintage necklace
 Then I tried a vintage pearl collar from back in the 1960's, I collected these for a while and decided to just use one on this shell

 Then believe it or not I had a pair of sandals from 20 years ago and I loved the rhinestones on the shoe straps. I cut the straps off and used them on this shell,The gorgeous rhinestone butterfly was on top of the thong like sandals. I had kept them all these years because I thought they were to pretty to throw away.


     So these were an all day project I worked on them off and on all day Saturday and Sunday also. I may still add a couple embellishments yet. Just wanted to show them off. I used E6000 glue which works perfect for this type of thing.  Also finally threw the old green  sandals away after salvaging all the glass rhinestones. I have a pair of pink sandals I'm saving also for a projects also with pink glass butterfly's on them just like the green ones.                                                                          

Now I need to look for more abalone shells, this was the fifth one I had decorated.I gave one to a friend
Linky parties I joined in this week 


My Before picture of the shell 



Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar