But I just had to post something about this great Reuters "Oddly Enough" article, because it was too awesome not to share (I love their "Oddly Enough" pieces)!
Apparently, a Spinster in England had stashed away an $8million art collection in her "modest home," unbeknown to her family and friends:
"Jean Preston, a thrifty 77-year-old spinster who rode the bus and ate frozen meals, died in 2006. But art experts and auctioneers have now completed the sale of the exceptional works hoarded in her modest home.
Preston, who worked as a librarian for much of her life, inherited many of the works from her father, a keen collector. Her relatives were stunned by the artworks she had tucked away.
"My aunt bought her clothes from a catalog, ate frozen meals and went everywhere on the bus," the Daily Mail newspaper quoted one of them as saying.
"Who would have thought she had the equivalent of a winning lottery ticket in her spare room all these years?"
And she was a librarian to boot!I nominate her for Spinster Aunt of the Year.

0 Yorumlar